- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups Eden Rye Flakes, or Spelt Flakes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, blanched 1 minute
- 1/4 cup green beans, sliced, then blanched 1 minute
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced, then blanched 1 minute
- 2 Tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 whole red radish, halved and thinly sliced
- 15 ounces Eden Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar
Place flakes in boiling water, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from flame and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Place in a mixing bowl and toss to cool and fluff. Add all remaining ingredients and gently toss to mix.
Variation: add 1/4 cup Eden Roasted & Salted Pistachios; garnish with Eden Gomasio.
Per serving - 203 calories, 6 g fat (27% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium