Happy Summer Days and Nights
Here are 13 recent pictures of Eden Foods. Please click on this brief slideshow for the images. Wishing you, and yours, a Happy Prosperous Summer - from all of us at Eden
25% Off Special - Website Store
25% off EDEN Red & White Quinoa. This includes cases, but not bulk. Please extend this offer to friends and family.
Offer expires September 16, 2016.
Serves 10 | Prep Time 10 mins | Cook Time 20 mins
• 1 cup EDEN Quinoa, washed and drained
• 1 cup EDEN Red Quinoa, washed and drained
• 2 ½ cups cold water
• 15 ounces EDEN Garbanzo Beans, drained
• 1 medium cucumber, diced
• 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced, blanched 1 minute
• 6 ounces pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half, or pitted black olives
• 1 cup EDEN Diced Tomatoes, do not drain
• 2 medium organic tomatoes, diced
• 1 ½ Tbsp finely minced jalapeno pepper, or several dashes of hot sauce
• 2 cloves finely minced garlic
• 1 cup finely chopped red onion
• ½ cup orange juice
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• ¼ tsp ground coriander, or dried cilantro flakes
• ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 3 Tbsp EDEN Red Wine Vinegar
• 1 Tbsp EDEN Ume Plum Vinegar, or to taste
• ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
How To Make
Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Fluff to cool. When cool add the cucumber, summer squash, olives, and garbanzo beans.
To prepare the salsa, mix all the ingredients together. Pour the salsa over the quinoa and vegetables. Toss to mix thoroughly. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Per serving: 232 calories, 5g fat (21% calories from fat), 9g protein, 36g carbohydrate, 13g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium